Why does art come through pain? Why is good artwork always done with pain? Why is that? Why is that? In this post we are going to give you the top 50 Ernest Hemingway quotes that you really want to read. They can change your outlook on life. Maybe writers write things they can’t or don’t want to do, or things they’ve completely lived up to. It’s just a thought, not a judgment!
Who was Ernest Hemingway? And his top 50 quotes
We always have to say this but Ernest Hemingway is one of America’s best writers who has made a huge contribution to American literature. His full name is Ernest Miller Hemingway. He was born on July 21, 1899 in Oak Park, Illinois.
He is not only a writer. This was his later life role. He had played many roles in his career professionally. He was the foremost journalist, sportsman, short story writer and novelist; Early in his life he drove an ambulance in World War I.
Hemingway attended school from Oak Park and River Forest High School. During this period, he became involved in water polo, football, boxing, track and field and other sports. During his high school years he edited the school newspaper and yearbook Trepez and Tabula.
His mantra for writing, which was the foundation, was that he took it from a star-style guide. The mantra is – “Use short sentences. Use short first paragraphs. Use vigorous English. Be positive, not be negative. Ernest Hemingway’s style of writing is known as the Iceberg theory.
His notable works – In Our Time, The Old Man and the Sea, A Farewell to Arms, To Have and Have, for whom Bell Tolls and The Sun also arise. He was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1953 and the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954. Hemingway died July 2, 1961. He fired with his favorite shotgun.
If you want to read more about Ernest Hemingway’s interesting life, you can care about a good book. Here for you, Ernest Hemingway’s Top 50 Quotes, whether you like to bookmark or re-read it again.
Top 60 Ernest Hemingway Quotes
- Losing yourself in the process of loving someone more and forgetting that you are special is also very painful.
- Love quotes by Ernest Hemingway
- I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when you wake up, you know?
- Quotes about the life of Ernest Hemingway
- If two people love each other there is no happy ending.
- Don’t go on a trip with someone you don’t love.
- We eat well and cheap and drink well and cheaply, sleep well and warm together and love each other.
- “The best way to find out if you can trust someone is to trust them.”
- “I drink to make other people more interesting.”
- “When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen. ””Courage is grace under pressure.”
- “It’s good to end the journey; But that’s the main journey. ”
- “There is no such thing as real. It’s true. ”
- “Every man’s life ends in the same way. The details of how he lived and how he died alone distinguish one person from another. ”
- “Never confuse motion with action.”
- “The world breaks everything down and then many become stronger in broken places.”
- “My goal is to keep what I see and put it on paper in a good and simple way.”
- “The first and final thing you have to do in this world is to keep it and not break from it.”
- “To write about life first, you have to live it.”
- “You can’t get away from one place to another.”
- All things really, really, evil starts with innocence.
- “Always be careful what you said you were drunk. It teaches you to keep your mouth shut. ”
- “The moral is that you feel good afterwards, and immorality makes you feel bad afterwards.”
- “Wine is the most sophisticated thing in the world”
- “The world is a better place and worth fighting for. I hate it so much to leave it.”
- “People are the only thing that can ruin a day. People are always on the threshold of happiness, except for something as good as spring.”
- “Happiness is one of the rare things I know of wise people.”